Saturday 3 July 2010

It's a wag, wag, wag, wag world

By Beryl Cole

Ho’way pet, you ok? I’m glad to see the back of that World Cup aren’t you? Having to see wor Ashley all the time, and him being the best performer as well. That never happened when we were married, I can promise you that! Even if he did always finish first, if you know what I’m saying.

“Ghastly Ashley” wor mam called him. Mind, she never likes my men - she said Simon’s eyes were too close set. To his waistband. And wor Bill.He.Is, she says he makes her bilious. She’s a wag!

Well, course, she’s not a wag, cos wor dad worked in the shipyards when we still had any, but you know worrimean. Still, now wor Ant and Dec are running the country, they’ll bring them back. That and Byker Grove. And the Jarrow March.

I had a bit of a tear watching wor Ash though. Well you cannot see yourselves in the papers every day and not feel something can you? I feel a bit the same about Garfield like. I should have married the cat pet.

I couldn’t help thinking we could have saved things, even at the end, but once wor Ash demanded custody of the mirror and the bathroom cabinet, my heart wasn’t in it any more.

Then when he said we should gan round John Terry’s for some therapy, that was the final camel that broke the bridge’s back. Something like that anyways – I was never the brightest.

No comments:

Post a Comment